How Safe are Your Supplements
Most people today take nutritional supplements, whether a multi-vitamin, a single nutrient, or some herbal preparation. You can buy these products almost anywhere: grocery stores, big box stores, warehouse stores, and online. Supplements have largely become commodities, available in large sizes and often inexpensively. But, do you really know what you’re getting. Here are some facts about supplements:
- there are very few government regulations
- there is no testing by the FDA to ensure potency or ingredients
- there have been many examples in recent years of supplements sold that do not contain the ingredients or quantities (either too much or too little) listed
- there are also many instances of studies on supplements that reveal contaminants in the product
- very few companies actually develop or make their own supplements – most are purchased in bulk from large manufacturers and custom-labeled.
For an insightful look at this topic, take a look at the PBS Frontline “Supplements and Safety” story that ran last year.
It is with these concerns in mind that we have chosen to use and represent Shaklee, the leading company in nutritional supplement research and development. Shaklee has a 60+ year reputation of making products that are safe, proven and guaranteed. For example, they run over 100,000 quality tests per year, and screen for over 350 contaminants, pesticides, and impurities, exceeding the U.S. Pharmacopeia standards and ensuring product purity beyond even what organically grown foods can offer.
What you put in your body matters. Supplements are not something to skimp on. You want the best, because you want results. For that reason trust Shaklee. We would be more than pleased to tell you more and set up up a custom supplement program just for you!